Almost A Blog - Articles about Proofreading, Editing, and Business Writing
- 7 Proven Strategies for Proofreading and Editing Your Own Writing
Your words are important. Treat them that way.
- The Best Way to Sell is Not to Sell
It's also my favorite.
- The Definition of Good Writing
There's no reason to make it complicated.
- Do You Love Proofreading?
Did you know that my alias is Mr. Proofreader?
- Five Simple Steps for Winning Bids and Proposals
Where to commit your resources, and how.
- I Don't Sell Proofreading and Editing Services
Even though the site is called Michael Edits.
- Is Your Newsletter Hurting Your Credibility?
Who reads your newsletter before your subscribers do?
- Star Wars
I can't be serious all the time. If you're in the office, turn off the sound.
- Tracking: The most powerful feature in Microsoft Word
The editor clicks a menu option in Word to turn Tracking on. Later, the author can review the suggested changes and Accept or Reject each one individually.
- What's Cheaper Than Throwing Out Your Promotional Copy?
The company probably spent thousands of dollars to print those brochures, and they're better off throwing them in the trash.
- What's Easier Than Destroying the Evidence?
Fortunately, all the employees who had been laughing about the bloopers forgot they ever existed.
- Why You Own Your Own Business
Some days make you wonder.
Updated April 26, 2017
© Copyright 2000-2017, Michael LaRocca
Durham, North Carolina 27707